Ultra-precision machine tools specialized in machining of power plants, turbines, generators, and rotors.
- Succeeded in localization (only company in Korea to succeed)
- Manufactured through the five-axis CNC Tool Measuring Machining manufacturing process using the ultra-precision dimension measuring machine (Zoller)
- An ultra-precision tool produced by 5-axis CNC Tool Grinding Machining and ANCA
Power Plant Machining Tool
The slot part of the turbine rotor requires an ultra-precise dimensional tolerance between pitches (under 5μ) to prevent vibration during fast-speed rotation.
Also, in order to prevent vibration during high-speed rotation after assembling the blade, the dimensional tolerance of the dovetail slot part must be under 2.5μ between pitches.
The turbine blade consists of a diaphragm -which transforms the high-temperature steam from the boiler or the nuclear reactor into energy- and a bucket –which transform the energy into work-, this pair is called as the ‘stage’ of the steam turbine. The nozzle and the moving blade works as a driveshaft that rotates the turbine rotor to generate energy.
The Form Tool & Taper Ball End Mill, manufactured by Sungsan Tools, is a carbide tool which requires an ultra-precise dimensional tolerance for the machining of the dovetail of moving blades and vane parts. If the moving blade is assembled and vibration occurs during high-speed rotation, the performance of the turbine drops drastically, so there is no room for any mistakes.
- Design specialized for the machining of a turbine-generator rotor. Allows you to perform ultra-precision machining to the micron level
- Allows machining on various workpieces
- Can be used on carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, aluminum alloy, etc.
- Long Lifespan
- Ensures a long lifespan by using new base materials and state-of-the-art thin film coating
- Prevents chipping with optimal drill bit form. Improves machining efficiency.
- Improved Productivity
- Can be applied in roughing and finishing.